Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New York Fashion Week F/W '09: Party at the Plaza

So after the first night's shenanigans in the Tents, it was off to the Plaza for the ARISE afterparty. We stepped out of the taxi and I fell in love on the spot with fashion designer, LaQuan Smith, who was working the Louboutins like nobody's business! Is he serious?

As sickle cell! The jewels, the scarf, the sequin...I can't with him. Honey, you better work.

Stepping out of the elevator, we crossed paths with Farnsworth Bentley, who is surprisingly pretty tall in person and was nice enough to stop for a swaggalicious pic. Yes, I approve.

Estelle showed up a short time later in a classic black trench. After we complimented each other on our twin haircuts, I took this quick snap.

The fabulously freckled model, Stacey McKenzie, posed for a pic after walking in the show earlier. Super cool chick, man.

Precious.

I need everyone to know that it was not this cold! But clearly, oversized scarves and fur were required attire. Brother man was definitely doing his thing. At this point, I had thoroughly zsjushed the entire party, drank my fair share of free cocktails and had too many passed hors d'oeuvres and as soon as I said to someone, "Isn't Solange supposed to be performing?" she appeared!

Yes, Miss Solange and the Hadley Street Dreams were in the building!


She looked super cute, no?

Especially her legs. They looked amazing in those shoes!

Mama was having throat issues, and kept some hot tea on hand. She informed us that the doctor gave her a shot in the booty, but it hadn't kicked in quite yet. Still, she sounded pretty good.





The crowd was too mellow for Miss Solo Star so she decided to come down and dance among the chilrun for her final song, "I Decided." Before I knew it, I turned into a pumpkin (the last train to Jersey damn near left me) and I had to skate!

Stay tuned for the rest of my New York Fashion Week posts...coming soooon!